20 October 2022
Bechtel, a global construction company, had a contract to build a motorway in Serbia. Employee safety and compliance during lifting operations had been identified as key requirements of the project. Bechtel specifically required a LEEA accredited training body which could train over 100 construction workers in Serbia over a one month period.
We are a LEEA accredited training organisation and were chosen for the task, being able to offer:
- LEEA accredited training certification.
- LEEA qualified training engineers, able to travel, stay and work for extended periods at the site in Serbia.
The training services included:
- A fully detailed syllabus and training contract.
- Training materials including video presentations and example equipment.
- Theoretical training.
- Practical training, including planned lifts.
- Written and practical assessments of each trainee.
- LEEA ‘Lifting & Slinging’ training certificates, valid for 3 years to all trainees who passed the assessments.
The training was completed over a 4-week period, including the use of an interpreter to translate from English into three other languages. Many safe lifting issues specific to the site were identified and trainees taught how to handle them safely. The vast majority of trainees passed the assessments and LEEA accredited certification was issued.
Rossendale Group’s trainers were extremely thorough and encouraging. Our site is undoubtably a safer place following their training.”Tugrul C. Kapubagli | Site Manager, Bechtel ENKA